Saturday, November 14, 2009

Warm Days/Cool Nights: Fall in Santa Fe

Fall again in Santa Fe and the macrobiotic cooking is good. The farmer's market overflows with produce and my fruit trees are bursting. This year I am making compotes from my fruit trees with apple, pear and plums. I freeze the delicious fruits for use during the long winter. I am also making and freezing slow roasted tomatoes from my garden.

The hatch chile roasters are back in town and are in the parking lots all over Santa Fe. I picked up a batch and left them in my car while I shopped. When I came back my car smelled just like Abuelita's kitchen (that means grandmother).

Chiles, tomatoes? Macrobiotics....well they make balance in our very dry, very high climate. It all depends on your condition at the moment. We have started our macrobiotic Santa Fe meetup group and are growing nicely. I look forward to a thriving macrobiotic community here in Santa Fe. It was wonderful to have Dr. Jonas Skardis join us. Dr. Skardis is a long time macro practitioner and his insight and experience are wonderful additions to our fledgling group.

No comments: